County Court Action

County Court Action

Issuing a County Court Claim

In our experience 94% of debts are paid upon receipt of our letters and follow up telephone chasing service, thus avoiding the need to litigate at all.


Even if legal proceedings are required, we will issue those for you at The County Court Money Claim Centre in Salford, which is where all County Court Claims are centrally lodged.

Entering Judgment

The Defendant has 14 days following service of the Claim Form on them to do one of several things:-

  • Admit the debt and pay in full
  • Admit the debt and offer to pay by instalments
  • Acknowledge the Claim Form extending the time for filing a defence to 28 days following the date of service of the Claim Form
  • File a Defence – to all or part of the Claim
  • All of the above eventualities can be dealt with by Veritas Legal on your behalf.
Enforcing Judgment

At each and every stage of the recovery process, we have been reminding your debtor of the existence of your debt and requesting its early settlement.


Even though you have now entered Judgment this in itself is no guarantee of you getting paid. Whilst it is one step closer to achieving that goal, it is now necessary to make an informed decision as to how best to secure payment.


There are several options available, which are summarised below. More information can be found at the HM Courts Service website.


Instructing a County Court bailiff under a Warrant of Control to remove goods belonging to your debtor.


Instructing a High Court Enforcement Officer under a Writ of Control for judgment debts over £600. Highly effective method of enforcement as seen on TV programmes such as “Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!”


Taking a Charging Order over an asset owned by the debtor, usually the home they live in or another property that they own.


Freezing a bank account in the debtor’s name to obtain a Third Party Debt Order. The bank account must be in credit for this to be successful.


Stopping money from the debtor’s wages under an Attachment of Earnings Order. The debtor’s employer takes money from their wages at source and pays it directly to you and not the employee.


Whilst not an enforcement process as such, you can also apply to the Court for an Order to Obtain Information, which will give you more information about the debotr and how best to enforce Judgment after their financial means have been subject to an examination by an Officer of the County Court.


If you already hold a Judgment against someone and it is no more than 6 years old, please contact us and we will take action on your behalf.

Tired of making endless phone calls to get your cash? Now you need to make just one…


01392 498686

Our Services

ZERO cost, stress free, professional, ethical and efficient. Veritas Legal Services

Veritas Legal UK debt recovery is much more than a debt collection agency.

percent of cases recovered in 7 days


percent professional, ethical and efficient.


The debtor pays our fees under The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998

We’re proud of our customer service and our record of achieving results quickly, efficiently and at zero cost to you.

Request a call back

    Specialists in Debt recovery services, serving clients in Devon, the South West and throughout the UK.